This section includes articles written on honouring women, past and present, who have influenced us on various topics.
INSTRUCTIONS: Click on the links below to view the articles.
1. From a US Woman Veteran: A Salute to My Canadian Women Veteran Sisters During October “Women’s History Month” in Canada, by Dna. Maria St. Catherine McConnell (USAF Officer Emerita)
2. March 8 – Consultation Day (“Celebrate the Feminist and Women’s Movements 1975-2015”), by Ruth Suderman, Member of the University Women’s Club of Winnipeg, and a member of the NCWC Delegation; Blog, Commission on the Status of Women 2015.
3. Canada falling behind on gender equality, by Christie McLeod, Winnipeg Free Press, 04/09/2015.
5. Driving the gender-responsive implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. Analysis report by Lakshmi Puri, UN Assistant Secretary-General and Deputy Executive Director of UN Women.
6. Statement on the International Day of the Girl Child, The Power of the Adolescent Girl Vision for 2030, October 11, 2015.
7. The ICW’s (International Council of Women) Statement to Mark the International Day of Peace 2015, September 23, 2015.
Downloading or Printing Documents
If you wish to download or print articles, click on the PDF or Printer icons shown below. Then right click on your mouse and a menu will open up. Choose the options “Save as” or “Print” and follow the instructions.