This section includes articles written on honouring women, past and present, who have influenced us on various topics.
INSTRUCTIONS: Click on the links below to view the articles.
1. From a US Woman Veteran: A Salute to My Canadian Women Veteran Sisters During October “Women’s History Month” in Canada, by Dna. Maria St. Catherine McConnell (USAF Officer Emerita)
2. March 8 – Consultation Day (“Celebrate the Feminist and Women’s Movements 1975-2015”), by Ruth Suderman, Member of the University Women’s Club of Winnipeg, and a member of the NCWC Delegation; Blog, Commission on the Status of Women 2015.
3. Canada falling behind on gender equality, by Christie McLeod, Winnipeg Free Press, 04/09/2015.
5. Driving the gender-responsive implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. Analysis report by Lakshmi Puri, UN Assistant Secretary-General and Deputy Executive Director of UN Women.
6. Statement on the International Day of the Girl Child, The Power of the Adolescent Girl Vision for 2030, October 11, 2015.
7. The ICW’s (International Council of Women) Statement to Mark the International Day of Peace 2015, September 23, 2015.
9. The Best and the Worst Place to be a Woman in Canada 2017, The Gender Gap in Canada’s 25 Biggest Cities, Kate McInturff, Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives.
10. Sexual Harassment predominant in Sask: researchers, Bryan Eneas, Sasknow.com, November 3, 2017.
11. NCWC – Progress of Indigenous Women, Jaspal Gill, Associate Lawyer, Arnot Hefferman Slobodian Law Office, Saskatchewan.
12. Amelia Earhart: Island bones ‘likely’ belonged to famed pilot, BBC, 8 March 2018.
13. Tammie Jo Shults – Southwest pilot, a former Navy fighter pilot, praised for her ‘nerves of steel’ during emergency, Madison Park, CNN, Wed April 18, 2018; “…one of the U.S. Navy’s first female fighter pilots, one of the first women to fly a F/A-18 fighter jet, has been credited with saving the lives of nearly 150 passengers on board Flight 1380 after successfully conducting an emergency landing in Philadelphia with a gaping hole in the plane.” How Veteran Fighter Pilot Tammie Jo Shults Saved Crippled Southwest Flight 1380, Clive Irving, Daily Beast, Masterclass, 04/18/18.
Downloading or Printing Documents
If you wish to download or print articles, click on the PDF or Printer icons shown below. Then right click on your mouse and a menu will open up. Choose the options “Save as” or “Print” and follow the instructions.