The NCWC Education Fund was founded as a charitable organization in order to work with the National Council of Women of Canada through research and public education regarding the environmental, social, mental, physical and health needs of women, families and society. See information in the section below called Joint Projects which provide details about our projects on Mental Health, Water and Energy, and Celebrating Women.
Instructions: Click on the “+” sign to view more information on the topics shown below.
Working together through joint Common Programs, the NCWC and NCWC Education Fund have explored an amazing variety of important topics and tapped into a wealth of internal and external expertise as we conducted the following programs. The NCWC Education fund works closely with the NCWC, which represents over 750,000 Canadians through its 10 Nationally Organized Affiliated Societies, Provincial Councils in 6 Provinces and 12 Local Councils of Women. Joint research has been done and public education programs held over the past 12 years on:
- Young Women and Violence Prevention (2001-02)
- Securing Our Future-the Economics of Later Life action plans/curricula developed to help young women plan for a healthy economic future (2003-06)
- Canada’s Water’07 AGM panel re: water shortages,impacts of mega dams, drought, mining, a need for a National Water Strategy (2007)
- The Water/Energy Connections Project’ 08-10, i.e. NCWC Education Fund AGM programs re Great Lakes, Nuclear, ‘Soft’ Water/Energy Paths,Climate; Public Meetings, Newsletters, Web site, Cross -Canada Survey on water/energy use & public opinion on government energy and water policies (Project funded by the Walter & Duncan Gordon Foundation) (2008-2010)
- Women and Mental Health – a three part comprehensive exploration of women’s unique mental health experiences, featuring AGM speakers from advocacy groups and individuals , government, youth, aboriginal groups, and consumers (2011-13)
Mental Health – ongoing project
Celebrating Women 2004 – ongoing project
Water/Energy Connections Project – 2008 – 2011 – past project
Common Program on Water – 2005 – 2007 – past project – see the Final Report Common Program on Water and “Report on the National Council of Women of Canada Common Program on Water 2006/2007“ on pages 6-7 in NCWC’s Newsletter Fall 2007.
Resources: To find helpful links to Canadian resources used for our studies on Water, Housing, Women’s Health, etc., go to: Canadian Resources & Links
Education Fund: Every year, our members generously donate towards the Joint Common Program through the NCWC Education Fund, which is a charitable organization and able to give receipts for tax purposes.
Cheque: If you wish to help us in this way, send a cheque made out to the NCWC Education Fund and mail it to NCWC Education Fund at the address in the Contact section below. We will send out a receipt for charitable purposes promptly!
Online Donation: An easy way to give is through CanadaHelps.Org, which is a Canada-wide organization that helps the public connect with charities and deposits donations directly into our bank account. Just Google CanadaHelps.org and follow the directions. CanadaHelps will send you a charitable receipt and we will send a thank you note for a much appreciated donation.
Donate Online at Canada Helps:
Donations are welcome.
Click on this icon and donate to NCWCEF projects today.
THANK YOU !