The National Council of Women of Canada encourages education, empowerment and community involvement. We offer a strong voice to the Canadian government on issues of concern to all members.
Instructions: Click on the “+” sign to view more information on the topics shown below.
We welcome you to join a local group if you are living in an area where there is a Council, locally or provincially, or to join as an individual member of the NCWC.
Rooted in the Past, Working for the Future… In the century since its establishment as a leading proponent for the voice of women in community and public life, the National Council of Women of Canada has debated the issues and often influenced the policies which have shaped Canadian history. Consider being part of this dynamic volunteer organization.
Women Working Together…
What We Offer…
- Education, empowerment, community involvement
- A communications network
- A democratic policy development process
- A strong voice to the Canadian government on issues of concern to members
- International links
There are a number of ways to participate in the work of the National Council of Women of Canada. The following descriptions provide you with a few more details on each option; however, to explore membership further, we recommend that you contact our national office.
- There are Local Councils of Women in twelve (12) cities across Canada, one (1) Study Group and six (6) Provincial Councils of Women. The LCWs and PCWs welcome individuals and organizations as members.
- Interested in starting a Local Council of Women or a Study Group in your area? We can help you.
- You represent a National Organization whose work is national in scope and whose aims are in harmony with those of NCWC? There are ten (10) Nationally Organized Societies, which are currently affiliated with NCWC. Join us to network and to work on common issues.
- You are interested in joining as an individual member of NCWC. Membership is open to any individual woman or organization of men and women that believes in the mission and values of NCWC. You can submit a request for information about membership online or send your inquiry by email or post. We welcome your inquiries.
- You are a young woman, possibly a student, and would like to be involved in the work of NCWC. You can submit a request for information on membership online or send your inquiry by email or post. A youth is defined as between the ages of 16 and 25. A student is defined as full time at a post secondary educational institution.
Members of National Council of Women of Canada pay annual fees as approved by the voting body. This includes Local Councils, Provincial Councils, Study Groups, National Organizations and Individual Members. The current NCWC membership fees are as follows:
|Type of Membership||Fee/Year|
|Local Council of Women||$80.00 plus $6.00 for each Federated Organization and $2.00 for each Individual Member|
|Provincial Council of Women||$80.00 plus $6.00 for each Federated Organization and $2.00 for each Individual Member|
|Study Groups||$15.00 plus $2.00 for each member|
|Nationally Organized Societies||$150.00|
|Locally Organized Societies||$50.00|